Friday, September 07, 2007

The Hobbit


I finally finished the book today. As I mentioned before, I had read the old, old graphic novel adaptation, but never the proper book. And when I started reading the book I got about halfway through it when the last Harry Potter book came out. So I put it on a bit of a hiatus. Over the last few days, though, I started reading it again and knocked it out this morning.

Overall it's a great book. Not as good as Lord of the Rings to me, but still a very good read. My only complaint is a slight nitpick on Tokien's writing style. He tends to over explain things sometimes. In most cases that's fine and well because we get more backstory. But sometimes it's just unnecessary.

Regardless, I enjoyed the book very much, and I really hope they do get around to making a movie of it. Now it's onto Dragonlance: Amber and Iron.

B-Out

1 comment:

Jason Berek-Lewis said...

I love The Hobbit - it's a great book.