Saturday, August 18, 2007

Art Supplies

Well, I've ordered the table and supplies now, so hopefully I will be able to get back into the swing of things soon.

I found some good (cheap) prices for everything, thankfully, or else I wouldn't be getting them.

I got:

Art Table (With chair, lamp and accessory tray)
Art Boards (24 pack)
3 Mechanical Pencils (Two .7mm, One .5mm)
Lead (2 Packs of 2B I think)
Non-Photo Blue Pencils (12 Pack)
Ebony Pencils (2 Pack)
Kneaded Erasers (A small one and large one)

I think that's it. I wanted to get a T-Square, some Pigma Micron pens, some curves and templates, and a Portfolio, but I can wait on those. I have an 18" aluminum ruler, so the T-Square can wait. And the pens are to experiment, so they can wait. Office Depot has a kit that has curves, a T-Square and a drafting brush in it for $30-40, so I'll probably just save up for that. And I don't think I'll be showing off my work for a while, so the portfolio can wait.

I already have some other pencils, but I needed some new mechanical ones, and I wanted to try out the ebony ones and found them for a dollar. My kneaded eraser was pretty much in bad shape too, and I came across those for a good price. The rest I ordered online, but I shopped around.

The table hurt, but it was a good price for it compared to what it cost everywhere else. It's the biggest purchase I've made for myself in so long I don't even remember the last time. I'd say the last big item I bought for myself was my entertainment center, which was $100, and that was about 3 years ago. Besides, I've wanted an art table since I was 16, so I deserved it. :)

So in a couple of weeks when everything gets here I'll be ready to roll. I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

B-Out

No comments: