Saturday, July 07, 2007

Really Tired!

And yet I have no reason to be! I went to bed around 11:30 last night and didn't get up until 9 this morning. Yet here it is just after 10pm and I am exhausted! I don't know what the deal is.

I hope everyone stateside had a wonderful 4th of July. I didn't actually, but the day after I made up for it. See, I ended up spending the day alone (long story) and decided to order a movie. The movie I ordered was Pan's Labyrinth, which, stupid me, I didn't know was a foreign film with English subtitles! So that alone made me regret the purchase. Then the movie turned out to be a lot more violent and depressing than I thought, and so I absolutely hated the movie and really regretted paying for it!

On top of that, I heated up some leftovers (chicken, potatoes and carrots cooked in a roast bag marinated in A1 steak sauce) and I guess I was sick of it because I hated that too. So I just went to bed. lol.

The next day I mostly took the day off and just relaxed and had a pleasant day, so that made up for it.

In the world of lettering, I finally uploaded the Pozers #2 pages, and I did a rough logo design or two, and got a good start on another full issue. So things are steadily flowing there.

Just a heads up to anyone out there who will be at the Mid-Ohio con this November, I am going to try to go. I know Scott (artist on Wannabez) is going and we may go together. And some other people from Dimestore are gonna be there. So we'll see. I wish I could go to WW Chicago and meet up with Chuck and Cary, but that's not gonna happen.

Speaking of Dimestore, I did a two and a half hour chat interview with the guys from the Small Press Idol finalist project Ruthless Friday night, so look for that to be posted on the site soon. And Itai conducted an interview with the third judge, so that'll post soon as well.

For the rest of the weekend I'll be working on Applicants and Fracture, and getting the SBC newsletter out, as well as doing some relaxing. :) Then Monday it's back to the grind.

I am waiting to hear back from some people about an opportunity that I hope I get, but wires keep getting crossed.

Tuesday is my Mom's and brother's birthday, so we've been doing a bit of shopping via ebay this weekend. :) I bought mom some Bare Minerals stuff (powder, foundation...) and we snagged Zach something he really wanted tonight. They'll come in a little late, but at least they'll love them.

Speaking of Zach, he's been wanting a Schnauzer lately and so that's something we're looking into. Those can be expensive though!

I guess that's it for now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone.

B-out

4 comments:

hicko said...

Doesn't sound good mate. Did you get to see Transformers yet?

Jason Berek-Lewis said...

I have been exhausted too - which no doubt you know from the emails I have been sending. I was really keen to see Pan's Labyrinth, but you have talked me out of it!

A. David Lewis said...

Sir!

I dunno where else to put this comment, so -- I appreciate your linking to my blog, but it's moved!

If you want to update your sidebar (which I welcome), it's now at http://captionbox.net/loosepages

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Brant W. Fowler said...

Thanks for the heads up! Sorry, haven't had a chance to check yours out lately, but it is updated in the sidebar now!

Thanks for reading!