Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What's Going Downnnn

Man, I just can't break these stupid illnesses. I don't know if I caught my brother's stomach virus or something else because I've got the whole pounding head, stuffed up head, nose and chest, and fatigue crap going on. Right now my eyes feel like they're about to pop out of my skull and my nose won't stop running. Ugh! I stayed in bed pretty much all day today, and only got up because I had to. Wish I was still there!

Just found out yesterday my barber of 10-15 years is quitting the business. He's the best around here and many, many customers ask for him by name, but he's not making enough money. I believe he's going to be an electrician now.

It sucks because now I have no one to cut my hair. I've tried others, but they all mess it up. It's funny because I wondered what I'd do if I ever moved out of Kentucky (silly, I know) and now I'm faced with it while I'm still here. And the cruel thing is I was going to get it cut this week! Oh well.

Still haven't found anything new out about the house. Right now as it stands the best case scenario is that our rent will go up another $50-100, which is going to hurt. But that's better than having to move with nowhere to go and no money to get there. So that's what I'm hoping for right now.

Thanksgiving's just over two weeks away now and we're not sure what we're going to do. For as long as I can remember our entire local family (5-7 families depending, roughly 20-25 people) have gotten together for the holidays, but this year has been hard on everyone and they're thinking of breaking the tradition and having our own individual Thanksgiving dinners. Last year I missed Thanksgiving due to some personal issues, and now this year it looks like there won't be one. I wonder if Christmas will be the same?

Ah, the advil are finally kicking in on my headache a bit. Man, that's a major relief!

Nothing much on TV tonight. Friday Night Lights comes on (you'd think it would come on Fridays wouldn't you?) and that's a decent show. Aside from that it's a slow night. I have no life. :)

I hate Kentucky weather. It's been really cold the past few days, but then today it got hot. Now tomorrow I'm sure it'll be cold again. And it's not just the winter season either. It's like that all year! The weather here is so unpredictable. It could be rainy and 40 degrees in the middle of summer and 70 degrees in the dead of winter, and then both change the very next day. I hate it!

Well, I've read all the new comics I had on hand and probably won't get anymore for a few weeks. Guess I'm going to have to crack open a novel. Man, I wish SBC hadn't been sold out of the next Dragonlance one.

So that's about all that's going on in my world right now. Not much, I realize, but it is what it is, right? At least that's what I keep telling myself. ;)

B-Out

2 comments:

hicko said...

This is going to sound weird, but I can assure you I am no more crazy than the next person. In some way I feel like you're me in a parallel world. You've got all sorts of niggly problems and are frustrated by seemingly always being sick.
(Just as I write this the song `Beyond Measure' by Jeremy Camp is playing on my computer, reminding me that I am not in control, it's probably my favourite song at the moment.)
Sometimes I just wish it will all go away, just for a day, so I can have some kind of relief. But that's not going to happen. I am going to have good times and bad. Right now it's somewhere in between, ill-defined. What I am realising is that we've got to learn how to live, and not get too caught up in what's wrong but see what's right. I know that's way easier said than done and I haven't yet mastered it. But I've got to try.

Jason Berek-Lewis said...

Hey Brant, I hope you are feeling better. I am sure something will work out with your home.