Monday, November 27, 2006

To Anonymous

Should you happen to read this...

First of all, I'd like to thank whoever you are for your kind and supportive words.

Secondly, I'm really curious to find out who you are. Obviously you are someone I know, but I don't know how well or how long ago.

If you'd rather not tell me here please click the title of this post to email me. Or if you'd rather, you can email me to tell me why you'd rather stay anonymous at least. I'd just really like to know.

Anyway, regardless of what happens from here, thank you.

I'd also like to point out to anyone else who has read the comments or posts I've made about church, which have been pretty vague, I wanted to clarify something. My reason for leaving my church of 20 years was not just because of hurt feelings. Had that been the case I would have left many, many years ago. No, it was a very complex situation involving a physical ailment and what followed from there. It wasn't really my choice to leave, you see, it was kind of forced upon me by a few things, which led to a lot more hurt on top of all the pain, both physical and emotional, that I was already going through.

To say anymore would not be appropriate, so I'll withhold any further comments. I just wanted to make it clear that hurt feelings aren't what pushed me away. I resolved long ago that my relationship was with God, not with people, in the sense that pleasing people with my walk is not my intention or my responsibility. I am to please God and God alone, which I feel I have. Yes, I've failed and I have flaws, but by and large I dedicated my entire life to His work.

Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest and make sure there was no confusion. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and that returning to the daily grind hasn't come as too much of a let down this holiday season.

B-Out

2 comments:

hicko said...

I have sent you an email. Hope all is well.

Jeff McClelland said...

I think that church and the broader Christian community is important in a lot of ways (a support structure, an agent of change, etc.), but when it comes down to it, I believe that it's much more important to have a solid personal relationship with God than it is to belong to a specific church or to associate with a particular denomination or group.

The problem with people is that we are fallible and corruptible, and those within the church are no different, as opposed to an UNcorruptible and INfallible God that we serve. Ultimately, what it means to be worthy will be decided by One Being rather than the scores looking to judge here on Earth.

I wish you all the best, sir, in your walk with God and your dealings with others around you. It's never easy, but then I guess it was never meant to be.