Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Scarce


I know I haven't been able to post much lately. Chalk it up to the holiday season and a bunch of work. Both good things in the grand scheme, but I miss the back and forth chatter here.

Things are so-so right now, but this is my favorite time of the year, so that helps. Oddly enough I have yet to crack open the Christmas music. Usually I'm playing it in September/October in preparation, but I have yet to listen to one Christmas song. That is very strange for me.

This year is going to be strange all together for me. Usually every year I would go over to my Pastor's for a couple of hours, bring them gifts and baked goodies. I didn't last year for obvious reasons, and this year and every year to come I won't be either, and that is very strange for me. This whole year has been very strange. 20 years of something then it's just gone, and it still hasn't quite sunk in yet after over a year now.

Anyway, all the shows I watch are ending for the holidays, which is good and bad for me. In the Fall the past two years I have watched a TON of TV after several years of watching hardly any. I watch so much right now I feel like I'm always watching, and that's not something I like to be associated with I guess. I mean I love watching good TV and movies (love movies) but I want to have time for other stuff too, you know?

So, the break for the holidays is a good one for me. Now I'll probably start pulling out the Christmas movies. lol. I've got to watch It's a Wonderful Life of course, that's a given. Then there's Family Man, Home Alone, The Santa Clause movies of course (haven't seen the third one yet), I saw A Christmas Story already, gotta watch A Christmas Carol, Elf, and Surviving Christmas (yeah, I know it tanked and got bad reviews, but I love it for some reason). I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting, but those are the ones I have to watch every year. I love them! It really helps get me in the mood.

Christmas has always been such a special time of year for me. Not because of the gifts, but I honestly thoroughly enjoy giving and making other people happy. That makes me happy. And spending time with family is something I love as well, and something that rarely happens these days. Now I love surprises too, and last year when I opened up a new TV I was totally shocked and thrilled, but it's really the giving that gets me. It tears me to pieces when I'm not able to give as much as I'd like in fact.

But I'm hoping things will still work out. I know we'll be okay, and the important thing is being together. So I'm cool with that. I do hope it snows on Christmas though. It hasn't really snowed much here in a few years.

So, even though I'm taking a much needed break from lettering to post I need to get back before I get too tired to do anymore. So until next time, whenever that may be...

B-Out

2 comments:

hicko said...

You know, I've never actually watched It's A Wonderful Life, so perhaps I should this year.

hicko said...

An update Brant. I watched It's A Wonderful Life (review on my blog) and loved it. Can't believe I hadn't seen it before.