Thursday, November 23, 2006

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


I just wanted to take a moment to wish all those who celebrate it a very Happy Thanksgiving today. Eat plenty of turkey and pumpkin pie for me!

Yesterday I did a little cooking. I made rolls, sweet potato souffle, corn pudding, pecan cheddar snacks, pumpkin pie and cranberry relish. My mother cooked the turkey, dressing and green beans & potatoes. See, we had a mini dinner at our house last night, just me, my mom and my brother, first time we've ever done that. It was really nice. My mom is very, very sick, bless her heart, and it was all she could do to stay out of bed. She's still really sick today unfortunately.

Mom's also making a Hornet's Nest cake to take to Papaws, and one to stay here. :)

I am thankful for this time I got to spend with my mom and brother. It's a rare occasion the three of us eat together.

I am also thankful for the support my mother has given me with my creative pursuits, and for the support I've gained throughout the comic community. I'm thankful for the friends I've gained, and for the revelations over the past year or so in many things.

Though things could always be better, and this has been a pretty rough year, I realize there are people a lot worse off than me, so I am thankful for the blessings I do have and have received.

Here's to all of you out there reading this. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving, and remember the good things if only for today.

B-Out

6 comments:

Jason Berek-Lewis said...

Hey Brant, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I wish your Mum the best of health!

Crazz said...

Sounds like a wonderful little holiday! From me and my family to yours, we wish you nothing but the best!

Anonymous said...

From an old friend:

Don't listen to the critics of the past. Step out on faith. You are definitely called of GOD. Stay strong. Don't lose out. Jesus loves you for who you are. His grace is endless. He has given you spiritual gifts so you can minister to lost and hurting people. Find yourself a new oneness church in your area. The longer you stay out the harder it will become. There are good saints of God that will love you for who you are. Don't let the hurtful things of the past church make you a bitter man. Step out and pursue your calling. You are called of God. Jesus wants to use you in the gifts He has given you. He will make a way where there seems to be no way.

Anonymous said...

From an old friend :

My prayer is that your Mom will be healed of her sickness. In Jesus name.

Brant W. Fowler said...

Whoever you are (as I realize now that I have no clue), thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your words mean a lot to me and have come at a crucial time.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I came across your picture and found these comments. I have also had a rough time this past year and have totally survived on the love of Jesus. Always lean on Him and He will take all of us through the difficult times. God bless you and Happy Thanksgiving to you also!