Friday, October 06, 2006

TV Tonight, Beyond and Before

The second episode of Heroes replays tonight on Sci-Fi at 7pm for anyone who missed it. I missed it due to wrestling, so I'll definitely be tuning in.

Also tonight is the two-hour third season premiere of Battlestar Galactica. Now I've never watched an entire episode as I could never get into it. I tried a couple of times, but it just didn't appeal to me. Out of boredom the other night I watched the Battlestar Galactica: So Far special recapping all the events up to this point. It looked interested enough actually so I will probably at least watch this season premiere and make my judgements then.

Today there's a mini marathon of episodes, but of course I won't be able to check those out. Maybe one of them, I don't know, we'll see.

And of course tonight is another wrestling night with Smackdown, the last one before the next pay-per-view.

Speaking of wrestling, the season premiere of Raw is three hours long Monday, so that'll be cool. Normally I'd be ticked about Prison Break's hiatus, but at least now I can watch the first hour of Raw without missing Prison Break.

And with that nice little segue, Prison Break this past Monday was again off the chain. Just when you thought all the twists and turns that could be have happened we get three more! This is absolutely one of my favorite shows ever.

Last night's Smallville featured the debut of Ollie Queen, AKA, Green Arrow. He wasn't in costume or anything, but it was cool to see. The last scene he was standing on a rooftop and said the name of a country then shot his arrow in the air. We follow the arrow as it lands in the country he named on the Daily Planet globe. Very cool.

Lost debuted this week also with a decent first episode of the season. I hate that there will only be six episodes before it goes on hiatus for 13 weeks, but at least we get to see some of the episodes. We got to see some more info on the Others, but everything is still pretty subtle and mysterious. It was a nice teaser episode.

I caught Friday Night Lights online and let me tell you that was a good show. I'm not big into football, and I didn't think this show would appeal to me at all, but it had a very real feel to it and was very emotional and intense at points. It was definitely enough to get me to check out the next episode.

The Nine also debuted this week after Lost, and it was decent. It's about a bank robbery and how it affected all the people held hostage. It showed the beginning when the robbers first came in, then it fast forwarded 52 hours to when it was all over. Evidently something very traumatic happened in those 52 hours that connected these total strangers forever. Throughout the episode there were little flashbacks and hints, but nothing was really revealed. It was intriguing enough to give the second episode a shot.

And that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I watched something else that I can't remember at the moment. Oh well. I'll save that for another post.

B-Out

4 comments:

hicko said...

If you're talking about the movie Friday night Lights I thought it was one of the better films I saw last year.

Brant W. Fowler said...

No, actually there's a new TV show on NBC on Tuesdays by the same name. This past Tuesday was the first episode.

I haven't seen the movie yet.

Jason Berek-Lewis said...

BSG is the single bast scifi to ever grace the small screen!

Brant W. Fowler said...

I watched the season premiere and I have to admit it was pretty good. For some reason I just haven't been able to get into it before. I think I'll give it a shot now though.