Wednesday, September 06, 2006

More Reviews

I had five more reviews posted on SBC (post title link) today. Four were Marvel books, one was an independent title from Silent Devil. Here are the links:

Beyond! #3
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #12
Lil' Hellions: Day at the Zoo
Uncanny X-Men #478
X-Men: Phoenix Warsong #1

Also in a bit of exciting news, I found out I was quoted about some book in Wizard Magazine #180! I don't know what book or what page since I haven't picked that issue up yet, but I thought that was pretty cool. I believe it's in the Wizard Edge section. More info as I know it.

B-Out

4 comments:

Jason Berek-Lewis said...

CONGRATS on the quote in Wizard.

When I was writing reviews for SBC, I got quoted on the back cover of Elsinore from Devil's Due, as well as on the DDP Previews page - that was cool.

Brant W. Fowler said...

That is cool, bro. I believe this is the first major quote I've had, at least to my knowledge anyway. :)

Jason Martin said...

Regarding your quote in Wizard...
You know, I wish reviewers always let you know when they review your book, but I don't think I've ever let them know when I've used a pull quote on my covers...

Too many things to remember I guess.

Regarding your review list...
I'm loving the Brubaker X-Men, Deadly Genesis and Uncanny (cept the solo Vulcan issue), and his stuff's usually to dry for me

I'm looking forward to Warsong (just picked it up yesterday), because I loved Pak's X-Men in the first Phoenix mini.

I think those two have written the best X-Men for me in quite a while, very late 100's, sci-fi driven, classic x-style
(I'm a sucker for that era, as I came on the book right after the Phoenix saga)((and stopped right after 200))

Brant W. Fowler said...

Hey Jason, do you know which book they quoted me on by chance? I haven't a clue! lol.

I try to let people know when I review them (except Marvel and DC of course) but I don't always remember to.

I agree on Pak and Brubaker. Whedon writes good X-Men too, but overall the entire X-Line has been poor for years.